Powered by Invision Power Board

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> HEARING: Linde to SecSTATE, Open until 11/2/04 at 2pm EST
Eric Vanderberg
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

AR-15's are a Guy's Best Friend, I know.

Group: Members
Member No.: 289

President Yoshida has seen fit to nominate Congressman Linde to become the next Secretary of State of the United States. This hearing will last for 5 days to determine the fitness of Mr. Linde to hold the position.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
TheSecretary
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Titleholder

Member No.: 300

Before I answer questions on my nomination I'd first like to discuss my career and qualifications for the position of Secretary of State.

Personally, I have had a great amount of expirience with military and working with foriegn leaders or on foriegn relations or policy related issues. I was enlisted in the United States Marines during the first Gulf War where I reached the rank of officer as Second Lietenant. After my time in the militaary, I served in Congress for three terms and in this time served as the Chairman of this committee, IRAS. With the election of Greg Williams, I then served as his Secretary of Defense until I decided to take up retirement from public life. When the issue came to hand that the President needed a person to fill the role of Secretary of State, at first I was somewhat reluctant but knew that someone needed to the job and they needed to know how to do it right. I think I am the man for that job. As I have served as designate, I have traveled to foriegn nations and discussed policy and issues with various foriegn leaders and most recently with the Prime Minister of Spain. Beyond that, I played a major role in organizing and carrying out the current Sudan summit, which I feel is a truely great accomplishment. Please stand with me in an effort to further the United States relations with other nations and keep us strong and united on the World Stage. Thank you. I am now open for questions.
PMEmail Poster
John Smith
Posted: Oct 30 2004, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Safe Incumbent

Member No.: 84

What will you do as Secretary of State with respect to Taiwan?
PMEmail Poster
Ross Wilder
Posted: Oct 30 2004, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Chair of the Blue Dog Caucus

Member No.: 262

Mr. Linde,

Firstly, congratulations on your nomination. Secondly, what will you as Secretary of State do to resolve conflicts between Israel and Palestine? The same question also goes for India and Pakistan.

This post has been edited by Ross Wilder on Oct 30 2004, 01:41 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0638 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

Provided by Forum For Free - setup your very own free message board now!