Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Christian Warriors Caucus, Petition
hey
Posted: October 09, 2006 05:02 pm
Quote Post

Officeholder

Group: Members
Member No.: 1607

The Christian Warriors Caucus would be a caucus that promotes Christian values in the everyday lives of Americans. These values are being lost everyday in America, but there is still time to act. A great way to act would be making this caucus a reality.
PMAOL
hey
Posted: October 09, 2006 05:02 pm
Quote Post

Officeholder

Signature withdraw from caucus petition.

This post has been edited by hey on October 13, 2006 04:17 pm
PMAOL
levinags
Posted: October 09, 2006 05:22 pm
Quote Post

I was right. Deal with it.

Member No.: 1301

Is this caucus for welfare, against the war in Iraq, and against massive tax cuts for the wealthy? I hope its intention is not just anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage.
PMEmail PosterAOL
hey
Posted: October 09, 2006 06:43 pm
Quote Post

Officeholder

Those are not its only intentions. It is for welfare when truly needed, for the war in Iraq, and no massive tax cuts for the wealthy, but no higher either.
PMAOL
levinags
Posted: October 09, 2006 09:58 pm
Quote Post

QUOTE (hey @ Oct 9 2006, 05:43 PM)
Those are not its only intentions. It is for welfare when truly needed, for the war in Iraq, and no massive tax cuts for the wealthy, but no higher either.

How can a Christian caucus be for something a war, especially one the Pope has come out against? And you say you are against tax cuts for the wealthy, yet you say you don't want taxes any higher? How does that work?

(Yes, I know there is a difference between Catholicism and other forms of Christianity, but I'm making a point)
PMEmail PosterAOL
hey
Posted: October 09, 2006 10:01 pm
Quote Post

Officeholder

I am not trying to look like I am giving in, but I had a mind lapse on the war on Iraq one. I was thinking about what I support instead of what the caucus would support. The tax thing would mean taxes would be the same for the middle class and wealthy. It would be caucuses choice about the war.

This post has been edited by hey on October 09, 2006 10:03 pm
PMAOL
Big Al
Posted: October 09, 2006 10:02 pm
Quote Post

Republican Al Gore

Member No.: 1446

QUOTE (levinags @ Oct 9 2006, 07:58 PM)
Those are not its only intentions.  It is for welfare when truly needed, for the war in Iraq, and no massive tax cuts for the wealthy, but no higher either.

How can a Christian caucus be for something a war, especially one the Pope has come out against?

I'm Jewish, so I can't really speak for any Christians, but I know plenty of Christians for the war in Iraq. Besides, its not like all the members would have to be for the war-caucuses are not one mind.
PMAOL
hey
Posted: October 09, 2006 10:03 pm
Quote Post

Officeholder

QUOTE (Big Al @ Oct 9 2006, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (levinags @ Oct 9 2006, 07:58 PM)
Those are not its only intentions.� It is for welfare when truly needed, for the war in Iraq, and no massive tax cuts for the wealthy, but no higher either.

How can a Christian caucus be for something a war, especially one the Pope has come out against?

I'm Jewish, so I can't really speak for any Christians, but I know plenty of Christians for the war in Iraq. Besides, its not like all the members would have to be for the war-caucuses are not one mind.

THANK YOU!
PMAOL
levinags
Posted: October 10, 2006 05:15 pm
Quote Post

Thanks but no thanks. This isn't a real Christian caucus if that is what your platform is going to be.
PMEmail PosterAOL
AEFischer
Posted: October 10, 2006 05:25 pm
Quote Post

The Mistress of the Majority

Member No.: 1604

Just because there are some Christians who support the war doesn't mean Christianity in general does. If you're going strictly on the basis of Christian values, I'd like to think that Christianity is against killing in general.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
richardwilliams
Posted: October 13, 2006 09:49 am
Quote Post

S E N I D E N T

Member No.: 425

Yes, Aurora. ;)
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMAOLMSN
hey
Posted: October 13, 2006 03:03 pm
Quote Post

Officeholder

Read Genesis 9:6 about the killing part. Please read this.
PMAOL
AEFischer
Posted: October 13, 2006 03:08 pm
Quote Post

"If anyone sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; For in the image of God has man been made."

This is not making an excuse for killing.

I find "Thou shalt not kill" much more compelling, personally.

And Matthew 26:52 (which I will convienently quote for you):
"Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
hey
Posted: October 13, 2006 03:21 pm
Quote Post

Officeholder

It is not an excuse. It is a law to go by. The 6th commandment probably refers to killing people who have not killed or people who have killed and repented. If it were strictly applied you could not kill a fly because using a strict interpretation would mean that you have to take into account that the verse does not mention man exclusively. And what does the war have to do about this anyway? I said the caucus could decide the matter.
In addition to that, if it were not for wars and the such, we would not be a country and the protection of the people would be practically nothing.
PMAOL
AEFischer
Posted: October 13, 2006 03:28 pm
Quote Post

I am not arguing the fact that sometimes wars are necessary to protect a country. I'm just making the point that I don't think Christianity could ever justify a war. Your verse would be more accurate to argue for the death penalty- innocent people are killed in wars, it is not arguable that everyone killed in a war was guilty.

You can interpret the sixth commandment however you like, but that means I can interpret Genesis 9:6 however I like. Obviously the entire bible cannot be taken literally, or else we should still have slavery and other things of the like that nobody can now argue for.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1843 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]